Wednesday, December 13, 2006

but WHY dont you drink?

So I went to lunch today with two people who are newly hired into the group. This place, being a fancy french restaurant ofcourse had its very own appetizer wine menu, lunch wines, dessert wines...you get the point. So ofcourse, i'm the only one that doesnt drink, and in a bad mood, and it was gray and rainy outside!!

So we are getting drinks - (diet coke for me), and diet coke, which so unusual and strange, never fails to evoke the quintessential questions:

"You dont want a drink"?
"No"
"You dont drink"?
"No" (gauge my mood, and stop right there)
"Can I ask why"?
"Its a personal preference" (was in a bad mood, didnt feel like going into details- she really should have stopped here)
"Do you have siblings?"
"Yes"
"Do they drink?"
"No" (its going to be monosyllable answers until you stop the questions. where is your darn tact filter?)
"Not even a glass of champagne"? (last i checked, that had alchohol in it too)
"No"
"Do your parents drink"?
"No"?
"Not even on new years eve"?
"No" (omg!! stop the questions! do you not see the grey cloud over my head?)
"Why dont you drink"?
"its a PERSONAL preference"
"do you think its wrong"?
"No, I dont judge"
"Well, I have friends that dont drink, they just have a reason for it" (I'm going to clobber you with my shrimp salad right now!!)

anyhow, the shrimp salad was not amazing (i'm also going off shrimp- with the halal thing, this is going to be a problem! i also dont like tuna...sigh ), but on the plus side, the dessert was SO good-

it was a thinly layered pistachio cake with a layer of dark chocolate and a layer of pistachio mousse- on the side was a scoop of vanilla ice-cream on a chocolate cookie, with pomegranate sauce drizzled all around. mmmmmmmm

:)





No comments: